HELPDESK SUPPORT ENGINEER
MetroMSP, LLC. is seeking a Helpdesk Support Engineer, who will be responsible for providing phone and remote support through our IT helpdesk. This role involves working with clients and internal teams.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide remote desktop support to clients who have critical response times
- Manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support our users’ desktops
- Identify, document and troubleshoot users computing issues to resolution while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Support end users ranging from knowledge workers, customer service reps, managers, sales people and executives
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and customer service with ability to match and mirror customer’s communication style
- Utilize PSA, RMM and other service-specific tools and technologies to support clients and update documentation. Experience with Connectwise and Kaseya are a plus.
- Ability to accurately record time, work details and documentation for client and company records as you work
- Be available for one week of on-call services approximately once per quarter
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and team members to further enhance customer experience and MetroMSP customer-focused, relationship-oriented brand
- Maintain a professional and clean appearance
- Participate in ongoing training and attainment of industry certifications
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Ethics – Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; Inspire the trust of others; Work with integrity and ethically; Uphold organizational values.
- Communications – Express thoughts clearly in written form; Articulate verbal thoughts understandably; Demonstrate active listening skills; Comprehend information heard; Use appropriate communication methods; Keep others informed.
- Conflict Resolution – Maintain calm under pressure; Encourage respectful dialogue; Confront difficult situations without bias; Act within realistic timeframe for resolution; Resolve conflicts through fair negotiation.
- Consistency – Follow through as promised; Confirm people know each other’s expectations; arrive to and complete meetings on time; Meet with direct reports in-person or by phone regularly; Change decisions rarely.
- Managing Multiple Priorities – Manage multiple commitments and/or projects; Plan and utilize time efficiently; Respond to changing customer needs; Resolve conflicts to deliver on schedule; Complete work in order of customer priorities.
- Problem Solving – Identify problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions; Resolve problems in early stages; Work well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork – Contribute to a positive team effort; Balance team and individual responsibilities; Listen attentively and openly to others’ views; Give and sincerely accept feedback; Help the team stay focused on key objectives;
Resolve team conflict before it escalates; Place the team’s success above own interests.
- Troubleshooting – Anticipate problems; Demonstrate critical thinking skills
Communicate with customers as promised; Use diagnostic tools efficiently and effectively; identify, test and implement logical solutions; Follow Company’s troubleshooting procedures.
- Knowledge Advancement & Learning – Attend required training sessions on a regular basis; Strive to learn new products and technologies on his/her own time; Identify and help/teach other technicians when needed; Accept and implement new technology concepts and methods; Achieve training as required under Company’s training policy
To be successful in this role, you must have a servant’s heart and truly enjoy building relationships. You must thrive on and love supporting end users, executives, sales personnel and company team members. The MetroMSP Helpdesk Engineer role is best described as a blend of technical expertise, professionalism, southern hospitality and team support.
The Helpdesk Engineer position requires at least TWO YEARS of full-time networking experience in a Microsoft environment including customer service and helpdesk support. A+, Net+, Small Business Specialist, MCITP, CCNP, VCP and Microsoft Exchange certifications are preferred but not required as long as you can demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Administration, basic router configuration and email configuration. An associate or bachelor’s degree in computer science recommended. There will be a series of online assessments to determine your technical depth and an in-person technical test with other MetroMSP team members.
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and troubleshooting skills, and have the ability and desire to work in a fast paced growth-oriented environment supporting clients and the technical teams of the company.
Our team is committed to our core values which drive us and is the reason for our growth.
- Be humble
- Have integrity
- Build relationships
- Pursue excellence
- Enjoy our work
If these values align with who you are and what you are looking for in a company, then read on.
Why Work With Us?
- We provide products and services that are genuinely good for our clients. Our services simplify managing computer technology for our clients. By working with us, our clients report less stress, increased productivity and greater security of their computer network and technology. We take great pride in providing extreme value for money, excellent customer responsiveness and service and all of our services are backed by a no-hassle, pay for performance, money-back guarantee.
- We aggressively market and communicate our products and services to retain and attract new clients. We also have excellent name recognition in our industry, an abundance of client testimonials and clients that simply follow our recommendations.
- We believe in training. We’ll coach you to make sure you succeed and we have an extensive list of training resources and tools to make your work effective and efficient.
- We genuinely CARE about our clients and the results they get. If you enjoy working for a company that actually “gets it” and takes care of their customers AND their employees, you’ll love working here.
- Mediocrity is NOT an option. Those who are true professionals at the top of their game will love working in an environment where high standards are expected. Whiners, complainers, drama queens and those with an “entitlement” attitude should not apply.
If you have what it takes to fill this role, please submit your resume by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your previous work history, as well as a brief, one-page summary explaining why you think you would make an excellent candidate for this position.